Tuition is the private classes where you receive some extra notes or guidance through money and is given out by qualified teachers which are taken by the students after the end of their school or college hours to get some detailed explanation of the subjects or the course that is fixed for your year or class. Tuition classes are given in one-in-one guidance where teachers come to student’s houses to impart education to them for a fixed time slot; here the teacher focuses on the knowledge upbringing of a single child or student. Tuition classes are most commonly given out in batches of students all belonging to one specified class or course and which is further differentiated into classes or courses to which the student is studying. Through this article, the readers and viewers of this article will learn about the qualifications required to conduct math tuition singapore.
Qualifications required to become a maths tuition teacher here in Singapore-
- To become a qualified tuition teacher in mathematics in Singapore you must be a reputed college or school teacher to attract students. Otherwise, it will be a difficult situation to gather popularity.
- You must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or statistics.
- To become a teacher and if you wish to teach at the primary level, secondary level, and junior college level you must have a good track record in mathematics. Primary-level teachers if they want to teach maths can be a graduate in any field here in Singapore.
- To become a teacher you must pass the selection interview and the entrance proficiency tests as regulated by the Ministry of Education of Singapore. Selection interview results will let you receive within four to five weeks.
- You must enroll yourself as a contract teacher in school. Through this, you can enroll yourself in the postgraduate diploma in education course as specified by the National Institute of Education which lasts for a minimum of 16 months to 2 years.
Services charges taken by the maths tuition teachers here in Singapore-
- Pre-school level- fees taken by a part-time tuition teacher are S$ 20-25, full-time tuition teacher fees are S$ 30-40, and if school teachers become tuition teachers they charge S$ 50-55
- Lowerprimary level-fees taken by part-time tuition teacher is $ 20-25, full-time tuition teacher fees are S$ 35-40, and school teachers who take tuition charge S$ 50-60
- Upper primary- fees taken by a part-time tuition teacher are S$ 25-35, full-time tuition teacher fees are S$ 35- 50, and school teachers who are taking tuitions charge S$ 55-70
- Lower secondary- fees taken by a part-time tuition teacher are S$ 25-35, full-time tuition teacher fees are S$ 35- 45, and school teachers who are taking tuitions charge S$ 60-70
- Upper secondary- fees taken by a part-time tuition teacher are S$30-40, full-time tuition teacher fees are S$45-50, and school teachers who are taking tuitions charge S$ 65-80
To conclude, the above-mentioned article defines the charges and qualifications of a maths tutor in Singapore.